We have recently been working with local Trading Standards to ensure that our terms and conditions comply with current legislation. Trading Standards have confirmed that our terms and conditions exceed the minimum required by law and approved our free 5 year extended aerial warranty as adding to the customers existing rights. To confirm that our terms and conditions are approved we are members of the Buy With Confidence Scheme.
We are also so confident in the quality of our aerial installations that they are backed by our own 5 year warranty on workmanship and passive (i.e. non-powered) parts.
In addition to our own warranties our aerial installations are backed by the CAI warranty.
Terms and Conditions
- For any work that Cable Guys engineers carry out the price and method of installation will be agreed before work begins. Any disputes about the invoice total must be raised prior to the installation unless Cable Guys have not completed the installation to the agreed standard.
- Payment must be made within 28 days of the invoice date. Failure to make a valid payment in full before this time will result in interest being charged at 3% above HSBC base rate.
- If it is felt that the installation has not been satisfactorily completed or that there is an agreed part of the installation missing then a proportional amount of the total owed can be withheld until completion. If there is a dispute over part of an installation then payment for that part of the installation will be frozen but the remaining balance must be settled within the terms of the invoice.
- If payment cannot be made within this time then a pay schedule must be agreed with Cable Guys prior to the 28 day deadline to avoid incurring interest. Agreement for this must be obtained in writing from our office.
- In addition to our own warranty all workmanship, non-powered parts and any electrical or electronic components that Cable Guys supply are covered by your statutory legal rights under the 1982 Supply of Goods and Services Act. For a summary of your rights under this legislation visit the website of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills – https://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38337.html
5 YEAR AERIAL INSTALLATION WARRANTY
- Cable Guys aerial installations are covered by a 5 year warranty on workmanship and non-powered parts in addition to your statutory legal rights. Specifically covered by this warranty are the aerial (TV, FM or DAB), pole, bracket (including fixings or strap), connectors, cable and splitters (if used).
INCLUSIONS (in addition to your statutory legal rights)
What is covered is loss of signal, damage or alteration to the installation due to:
- Wear-and-tear above and beyond what is considered normal use.
- Accidental damage
- Winds up to 100mph
- Signal deterioration due to ingress of water at the antenna
- Water ingress into the cable
- Signal attenuation due to deterioration of the cable (e.g. UV)
- Cable or antenna becoming loose due to failure of fixings or clips
- Broadcaster changes that are subsidised by the broadcaster
What is not covered is loss of signal, damage or alteration to the installation due to:
- Structural damage to the property, unless where clearly and demonstrably caused by the aerial installation
- Removal or replacement of any component of the installation.
- Additional building works
- Works done on the system by a third party
- Winds in excess of 100mph
- Broadcaster changes, such as movement or disappearance of broadcast programming, change of channel allocation, interference from new service start-up.
- Removal or replacement of socket outlets or faceplates by third party
- “Act of God” (e.g. flood, lightning, tornado etc)
- Vandalism or deliberate actions
- Acts of terrorism